Executive Assistant Opportunity at the Science Museum of Long Island
The Science Museum of Long Island is looking for a well-organized Part-Time Executive Assistant to provide support to the Executive Director.
Highlights of this role:
This vital role functions as direct support for our organization’s leadership, aiding our success. The Executive Assistant will streamline and enhance the goals of the Science Museum of Long Island. The ideal candidate can demonstrate organizational and self-starting skills at a high level. The role requires no more than 18 hours per week with opportunity for a flexible schedule.
- Assist the Executive Director with all aspects of operations, including prioritization, scheduling, record management, meeting preparation, and correspondence.
- Record-keeping of donations and subsequent processes to ensure proper reporting.
- Manage grant information and tracking.
- Assists in coordination of private event venue rental inquiries, and fundraising / special event activities.
- Aid in the creation, preparation, proofreading and distribution of all branding materials including press releases, social media posts, web content, articles, newsletters, and other editorial content.
- Oversee gift shop inventory, merchandising, updating items and stock.
Qualifications for this role:
- 2+ years prior executive or administrative support experience.
- Time Management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Proactivity and Self Direction
- Interpersonal Skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Apps
- Knowledge of Square and Salesforce for non-profit software a plus
Why Join SMLI?
The mission of the Science Museum of Long Island (SMLI) is to:
- Stimulate and nurture children’s natural interest in science.
- Provide opportunities for children to be actively involved in scientific discovery.
- Allow children to experience the fun and excitement of scientific investigation.
- Teach science through hands-on learning and the development of problem-solving skills.
- Elevate the level of science literacy for people of all ages.
- Nurture and inspire a lifelong interest in science.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- 18 Hours a week maximum.