The Family Advocate is responsible for maintaining high-quality, effective parent engagement practices that contribute to the healthy development of families. The Family Advocate will maintain a caseload, provide in-classroom support, make initial and ongoing assessment of family needs, and create work plans for families which involve goal setting, home visits, parent education, and family support services. The Family Advocate is expected to adhere to the regulations and standards set forth by the Head Start Performance Standards and/or ACS Early Learn, Universal Pre-Kindergarten, New York City Department of Health regulations and all other applicable federal, state, and local entities.
Education & Experience:
• At a minimum a Family Development Credential (FDC) and High School Diploma/GED or, Associate or Bachelor of Human Services, Social Work or related field
• Experience working in low-income children families preferred
• Familiarity with Parent Family Community Engagement framework (PFCE) and Head Start Performance Standards
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
• Daily access to reliable transportation to Bronx, NY. Flexible with assigned work location(s). No remote option available.
• Ability to pass and maintain acceptable record related to credentials and mandated criminal background check process.