- Cleans offices, patients’/residents’ rooms, dorms,
classrooms, schools, common areas, lavatories, halls, food service areas
and any other areas that may require attention.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums
hallways, stairs and office space.
- May perform hard-surface floor scrubbing, stripping and
refinishing, as well as carpet spotting and extraction, which require the
use of mechanical equipment.
- May participate in the maintenance of wood floors, such
as in gymnasiums or dance studios, to include cleaning, screening,
stripping, sanding and refinishing.
- Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls,
mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings.
- Will be required to properly and safely use cleaning
chemicals per manufacturer and Sodexo standards.
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Replenishes supplies and materials.
- May perform routine equipment maintenance and make
- May drive a golf cart or other vehicles.
- Moves furniture and sets-up tables and chairs.
- Notifies supervisor concerning any need for any
maintenance repairs or additions observed.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management
policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety
training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety
requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May participate in snow and ice management duties,
including the operation of snow removal equipment
- Knowledge of proper and safe use of applicable
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Appropriate maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time
with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy
and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
School campus is close to Metro North train.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- No previous experience required.